Tuesday 8 January 2013

New Stick

John Hovis has taken the plunge and bought a new back-up bat. My hammer of choice is the BLX Blade Lite which provides excellent control and spin. I did want to have a back-up racquet which provides more control and power than my unwieldy N 6.3, which is cumbersome. Having suffered a catastrophic string break before an away tie in the West Of Scotland doubles league last year, I didn't want to be in the position of pressing the n6.3 into service again. (Don't worry, we won the rubber 2-1...but lost the match 5-4 due to choking in the lower orders).
A lengthy absence from the courts due to a wrist injury has led to a new tact...looking for a racquet even lighter than my Blade Lite. I found one...The Pro Lite BLX.
255g unstrung, the bat is very head light, putting minimal strain on my wrist. Seems to lack a bit of 'pop' and felt a bit soft, though probably just need to get used to it. I've hardly hit a ball in anger since October. I'll review both of my sticks in the fullness of time. By the way, the Pro-Lite was a bargain at £59.99. John Hovis approves of low, low prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment